Cloud District

Davon

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
LEGENDARY
I_hate_it.png
The mission had been successful, each desired goal had been achieved. The team work of Sparrow and Joto was sufficient, enabling both individuals to partake in collecting different pieces of the Daikaiju. There was much to gain from this accomplishment. With the parting words from his newfound comrade, and with the collection of a coin which he grasped and sealed within a scroll possessed by his fellow operative. He nodded in response, and without a word but a nod of acknowledgment, the members of root and their commander had vanished, flickering off to the village hidden within the leaves, located within the leaf district.

[Cloud District - Leaf District ]

Unknown2.png

Fox

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
ichijo-uchiha-v5-png.3438

215-d93fcf53daffad0c36bc4a183e398189.jpg
The sunrise was a beautiful thing to witness outside, well, that is if the man himself was outside. Darkness loomed over the forest as it crept onto the Dragonfly Bar's surroundings. The difference between the time when Tenbo was in the bar and in his absence was clear when you looked at the environment. There were no signs of excitement or the presence of drunkards; it was calming. The cloaked man remained in the exact position he was in, though it was clear that he had sent his crow to support the boys as he himself needed a break from Tenbo Uchiha. It was nice, at least when it came to him being in this sort of situation, it was familiar and predictable. The man before him, who had poured a drink or two, appeared to be different in his demeanor, almost as if he was treating someone of royalty. The sudden flutters from his most trusted companion arrived in front of the door, causing the door to open due to the wind generated by its wings.

The masked man continued to sip his beer. His eyes moved upward from the drink to the mirror, which may have contained a reflection of someone. The liquid he was drinking was the strong kind, but it wasn't strong enough to inhibit his senses, as his body had adapted to it over the years of drinking - his fighting sense remains sharpened over the years of fighting in the darkness.​

Mugen

Chunin
yagyu4final.png
b14d58589b61faf1eb70b37e1eff2fb1.png

Even while inside the Dragonfly Bar you could hear the wings of the summon fluttering as it came to an abrupt stop. Jōtō had fallen asleep on the back of the crow and went it had landed, he had slid off and landed on his backside. Jōtō grunted as he opened his groggy eyes, dazed and confused on where he was. With the sun shining in his eyes his first reaction was to use his hand to shield himself from the golden rays. With one eye open he glanced around to see he was just outside the bar before he grunted and closed his eyes back again and laid there with the crow hovering over him. It made a noise and Jōtō responded as if he clearly understood, "I know, I know!" He grunted as forced himself up, stumbling to catch himself as he stopped dead in his tracks to make sure he retained his balance. "I'm going, I'm going!" With that being said he began to walk himself toward the entrance and the crow had poofed back to its own home with a cloud of smoke.

"Hoooooney, I'm home!"

Jōtō yelled out toward Zaka, the bartender/management for the Dragonfly Bar. Zaka gave him a look then through his eyes only he glanced over at the figure from before. Jōtō's eyes followed as he saw the man with Sparrow still here before he began to chuckle with amusement. There was not a single soul inside the bar at this time. That could only mean a few things. Either this man has a history here or subdued Zaka. The second option being unlikely as this fortress can an immeasurable amount of weaponry, seals, and artifacts to subdue just about anyone. So it could only be that. He then made his way over to the cloaked man before sitting a seat down from him. "Awh, you stayed! Are you feeling the nostalgia?" Zaka had already began making his drink when he heard the summoning outside land so by the time he sat down the drink was also being set down. Jōtō wrapped his right hand around the drink, letting the coldness radiate through his hand. "So how long ya goin' to keep that hood on?" The man said out loud as he brought the glass to his lips to take a sip.

latest.png

Fox

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

The silence crept into the back of their heads as the man stared at Joto for a good minute or two, attracting a chuckle or two as he nodded. "You knew?" He whispered while maintaining his composure. His voice was painted by the scent of lemons as he removed his hood. The darkness eventually eased up as it was illuminated by the sunlight streaming through the loose windows. "Why didn't you say anything?" He continued. At that moment, it was clear that the Sharingan was deactivated too. He didn't have the need to reveal his Uchiha lineage, at least not yet. Was he nostalgic about this place? Perhaps that might be the case, as he had lived as Karasu (烏 'Crow') in the Underworld Society, as well as in the extended lifestyle in the Black Market in the distant past. Though, did they know it was him?

"Though, how was the hunt?" He added as he continued to drink his beer. "Did you acquire the materials for me?" He continued. It was clear that he was referring to his cut from commissioning Joto to hunt down a large creature, expecting that Joto would hand over the scroll containing the furs and tooth. His intention was to create himself a weapon or two. Why? He was a bit nostalgic, as in his past, he used to collect things, both legal and illegal over time. Perhaps that's why.

Mugen

Chunin
yagyu4final.png

"Knew?!" Jōtō scoffed in a manner you'd think he had been insulted, "Ya really thought you could walk in here and think SOMEONE would've not recognized you?" Jōtō asked while slamming his drink down. He glanced between both Karasu and Zaka with a confused expression. The one for Zaka was in the manner of 'is he serious right now?' The question posed to Karasu was rhetorical, anyone would be able to tell from the tone so he continued talking. "You either think we're stupid or you've lost your touch, Old Man." Jōtō turned his body toward the man as he leaned his body onto the table. His arm bent and was positioned in a manner to hold his head up as stared at the man. "We had an idea. Operative name Karasu, right? A supplier with untold riches, immortal, and in that time you've accumulated untold riches. Yeah," he scoffed, "Your names been told up and down for so long it's lost its power. So yes, we knew al'right" Jōtō reached out to grab his drink again as he raised it up to his lips to take a long sip.

unknown.png

By the time he had taken his sip and put the glass back down, he was responding to Karasu's question
"Yeah, I got your stuff - but it'll cost ya more for thinkin' we were dumb ya'know?" Zaka glanced over at Jōtō as he cleared his throat before he begun speaking,
"Unless -" Jōtō interjected as quickly as one could imagine, "Oh you're fuckin' joking right now." Zaka ignored Jōtō completely, including his pouting face. "Unless you decide you want to become active again then it'll be on the house. They-" he punctuated that word clearly, "are looking again and no one is more informative than someone with your years of experience. They've formally extended an offer the only thing left is acceptance." In that time Jōtō immediately slammed his face into his palm knowing that he had potentially just missed out on a sale.​

latest.png

Fox

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

"Here I thought I was long forgotten." he chuckled a bit, as his reputation persisted beyond his retirement. He pondered, "When was the last time I was active?" He was given the offer to resume, and he was notorious as a bandit, pillaging anyone and any place, leaving behind a scene reminiscent of a group of crows consuming corpses as their meal. He had acquired some of his riches through this, at least one of the means. He had secret bases that could only be accessed through Ichijo's secret Fuinjutsu. One could revere a fabled location that many had theorized about as to whether the Treasure Dimension exists. This was a dimension Ichijo stumbled upon by chance on one of his journeys in the past, accessible only through a unique method. It was one of those locations where he had stored untold riches and things. It was said that he could summon things from this dimension, such as the coins he had paid Joto, which had originated from there.

"For now..." He looked past Joto to see the clock before looking back at the man. "I'm not interested in resuming my old alias," he continued, neither denying nor accepting the offer in his words. Though his words almost presented him as an operative of the organization he was invited to. "Crow," he said. It's clear that he appears to be a bit unoriginal when it comes to names and tends to stick to the same name, even if he himself would declare he's no longer using it. "Anyway, I'll have to head back, as Sparrow might come looking for me," he continued, passing a seal tag that contained the Kanji "" on the surface. It is laced with layers of fuinjutsu, ensuring that it cannot be exploited in any way. "Anytime you need me, just insert chakra into it. A crow will appear from it, and from there, you can tell it and it'll tell me," he said. The Crow is capable of relaying messages between them in real-time and contains a special fuinjutsu that ensures its mutual destruction if ever caught. "For you, Joto, just send the materials through the crow. It'll take them in its body." The Crow has a special ability to send things through its stomach to the Crow's birthplace, where they would be met with elder crows who specialize in making weapons and clothes from the materials they receive from the tiny Crow. The man disappeared into fumes of smoke, revealing that the man they had spoken to was a shadow clone. The actual man was somewhere else, dealing with other matters.

In the wake of the devastation caused by Saburo of the Land of Water, Kumogakure, under the decisive leadership of Raikage Chika Kumoi, took immediate and stringent measures to safeguard its borders and protect its people. The destruction of a portion of the district served as a stark reminder of the vulnerability of the village, prompting the Raikage to rekindle Kumogakure's infrastructure and reinforce its defenses. To counteract potential threats, ongoing surveillance of Kumogakure's borders was intensified. Skilled ninja scouts were strategically placed, utilizing advanced techniques to monitor key entry points meticulously. These vigilant sentinels ensured that any suspicious activities were swiftly detected and dealt with, preserving the village's security. Chika announced to her people with a steadfast determined tone, "Citizens of Kumogakure, the recent betrayal by Saburo has shown us that even those we extend our hand to can bring danger to our doorstep. In response, we shall seal our borders to all foreigners. This is not an act of fear but a declaration of our strength. Kumogakure shall rise stronger and prouder, and let the world remember: the skies of the Cloud District are no longer open to those who do not carry the spirit of the storm within them."

Simultaneously, the destruction caused by Saburo's actions led to a collective effort within Kumogakure to rebuild and fortify its infrastructure. The village became a hive of activity, as citizens and ninja alike worked tirelessly to restore what was lost. This rebuilding process not only mended physical damages but also served as a symbol of the village's resilience and determination to stand strong in the face of adversity. In an official announcement, the Raikage Chika Kumoi declared the shutdown of the Cloud District's borders. The proclamation emphasized the paramount importance of protecting the village and its people from external threats. Citizens were urged to be vigilant and report any suspicious activities, with a particular focus on scrutinizing foreign visitors. The once-welcoming atmosphere of the Cloud District began to waver, teetering on the brink of xenophobia due to the actions of Saburo. The village, once known for its openness, was now wary of outsiders, fearing potential infiltrators and saboteurs.

Chika's determination to bring Saburo to justice further intensified the village's resolve. Saburo now declared a criminal, wanted by the Raikage herself, with a substantial bounty soon to be placed on his head. This declaration reinforced the seriousness of the situation, uniting the district's inhabitants in their commitment to protecting their home. The borders soon to be sealed off from the intervention of outside nations even going so far as to limit their interaction in the current ongoings of the Chunin exams. It was as if Chika had taken the Chunin exams as nothing more than an affront to her people as their land had been destroyed far beyond the cataclysm that made the landscape what it was today. Her distrust was far from misplaced and her reasoning more sound than ever in a time like this. Even the beast that dwelled within her known as Gyuki swelled at the possibilities to come. Their relationship is fleeting but their understanding of one another through nothing more than sheer combat potential alone is what bound them together. One could find that after her declaration to shut down the Cloud districts borders she was beginning her search for her bodyguards. Something every kage needed even amidst their strength. Bodyguards were nothing more than a litmus test for the threats that faced the nation. If the kages guards couldn’t handle it then it was the kages duty step in. She had gone over countless documents and the ones that sat before her now were two brothers, a perfect pair for the duality that resided within her. They were going to stand as the pinnacle of what she had to offer her nation even amidst all that was coming to bare.

Chika_Kumoi_smile.png

Mellow

Mythical
LEGENDARY
Kyaro Nametag copy.png

As the sun lit up the sky, Kumogakure, the Hidden Cloud Village, lay nestled amidst the towering cliffs and valleys of the Cloud District. It was a village known for its mastery of lightning-based jutsu and its awe-inspiring cliffs that seemed to touch the heavens. Among its many legends, one name still echoed through the village, The Thunder God's Apprentice. The reputation that came with that name was as formidable as the storms that raged through the District. The mans journey from a prodigious young ninja to the Thunder God's prized pupil was the stuff of legend, a tale whispered among generations of Kumogakure shinobi. And as he returned to his village, he carried with him an air of wisdom and experience that was unmistakable. The journey to Kumogakure had been long and treacherous, but this man had faced much greater challenges in his lifetime. As he approached the village gates, the guards at first didn't recognized him as he was dressed in a large white and gold cloak and his hair was much wilder and longer than what they remembered.

Mysterious Man: Come on now, I return after years of retirement and won't even let me into my own village? Geez, what's a guy gotta do to get in his own village?

The voice that escaped the lips of this mysterious being rushed through the brains of the guards who were watching the entrance as their eyes widened, delivering a respectful bow to the man.

Guards: Lord Kyaro! We-- we're so sorry for our incompetence, we didn't realize it was you sir! It's been too long.
Kyaro: Ahh don't worry about it, just let me in so I can go see my precious student, surely he's become Raikage by now since my absense.

The guards finally composed themselves and allowed him to pass through the grand entrance of Kumogakure, and as he crossed the threshold, he felt a profound sense of nostalgia. The village had changed in his absence, though the winding streets and towering cliffs were as magnificent as ever, a testament to the indomitable will of its inhabitants. Word of Kyaro's return spread like wildfire through the village, though he was introduced as a mysterious man since most didn't realize who he was due to his much different appearance. As he walked through the bustling streets, he was greeted with stares and whispers of curiosity. Children and young shinobi whispered about the way he strolled around as if he was royalty to their home, their eyes locked on him with wonder at the presence of the man.

Kyaro (mind): Hmm, it seems they don't recognize me. Maybe I should give them a little display.

Kyaro stepped into center of the crowd as they all fell silent once the man lifted a single hand into the sky channeled with a slight amount of lightning based chakra the caused electrical surges to go around his entire arm.

Kyaro: I am the ghost of the past, lord of Kumogakure, and the apprentice of Lord Raijin. So, tell me where I can find my precious student, young Indira!

In that moment, a series of lightning bolts rained down from the heavens with him as the focal point and what would electrocute most others to death only showcased his abilities for but a split second as his hair stood up in a unique manner and caused his entire body to gain electrical sparks that radiated powerful energy before that very energy caused his cloak give off a ominous glowing pattern as if his cloak absorbed the lightning. At first, there was silence until someone shouted "Its Him!, Lord Kyaro has returned to us at last!" He was a figure of myth and legend, and now he stood before them, real and tangible. His hand lowering after the subtle display; The crowd erupted in applause and cheers, acknowledging his return as they now realized who was in front of them. Lord Kyaro Arashi, the Thunder God's Apprentice, had come home. Now seeking to take his place among the village's council of elders, offering his wisdom and guidance to a new generation of Kumogakure shinobi. His presence was a reminder of the village's glorious past and a beacon of hope for its promising future, a testament to the enduring spirit of the Hidden Cloud Village and the legends that it continued to produce.

Kyaro Retired.png

Ero Foot

Administrator
Administrator

Ashi name tag (1).png

215-d93fcf53daffad0c36bc4a183e398189.png

Ashi was dealing with what was undoubtedly the worst week of her life. Just a few days ago, in a dream, she had been brutally murdered by Kyaro and she couldn't help but relive that moment every time she closed her eyes. Every day without fail, she couldn't help but wonder how things had gone so wrong. After all, her plan was to rebuild civilization to its former glory, restore the lost technology of their forefathers.

In the dream she seemed tyrannical, or rather had sided with some unsightly cause against the concept of shinobi as it is now, but her job wasn't and wouldn't be to review the past of shinobi and to decide if they had a place in the new world. That idea seemed abhorrent to her, such behavior was worthy of someone with a God complex, someone so opposed to her vision of the world that she couldn't even imagine herself in that role. Who was she to judge who should be restored and who should be destroyed?

For that very reason, and no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't understand her executioner's point of view. Condemning some for the sins of others didn't make her the very same kind of person she had sworn to destroy or at least help quell? Her inventions were meant for peace, to build a better world, with shinobi still very much a part of the equation. This dream had her in a sort of panic, paranoia seeped in and spurred on her latest invention.

She had dabbled with the ideal in the past, she wanted to try and access new dimensions not normally accessible even to powerful shinobi. It of course was in the end going to be used to create more advancements for humanity to thrive but as with anything as crucial as being able to warp to locations or cross realms, it was a difficult process. See initially her first issue was a matter of time management, she just didn’t have the ability to focus on the concept like she wanted running a mega corporation. The second issue was finding a power source strong enough to fuel a device like that or at least something to gather enough energy for it. The smaller details she could work out no problem, she was a super genius after all.

That aside her dream brought her back to it, for whatever reason it made her want to attempt it again, but like stated before she needed that power source and what would be better than some mystical ore that had been the source of some insane power back in the old days. Her research team discovered it, the book of the Gelel stone if she remembered correctly, this stuff was potent and probably highly dangerous in the wrong hands. It didn’t stop the curious scientist from seeking it out, unwanted attention probably came with that but to her the future mattered more. It’s how she found herself walking alongside the former Raikage of the cloud district, following him into the capital of his proud nation which she only got to visit through business trips in the past. I guess if you looked at what she was trying to accomplish this was a business trip too, she needed help after all, even with her resources she didn’t have the manpower the shinobi had to go on a treasure hunt.

She was mostly idle during their entrance, shit she was only getting through the front gates because of him to begin with and then to top it off she had to move further back when he decided to put on his grand show to draw out recognition amongst the audience. Ashi understood the concept of chakra, the whole shinobi thing was beyond her but the phenomenon of pulling lightning from the sky was impressive with or without that knowledge. On a scientific standpoint Kyaro had awed her more than once, she admired the man’s abilities, and it helped he was one of the few men to hear out her crazy ideas. She was thinking all this until the applause erupted from the people in the middle of the village, a thunderous rough of hands that brought her back to reality and caused her to shrink metaphorically. It was clear the show was over and it was safe to be near him again so she stepped back up to the former lord of the land.

“ Was that really necessary Tono(Lord) Kyaro, they seemed to have received it well but wouldn’t the current leadership see that as a bold move, I mean, uh like maybe a challenge or something?”

Her soft spoken voice if it hadn’t been notched up in octave wouldn’t have been heard as she spoke. However, with every word made it clear she wasn’t well versed in the customs of his people or their politics, she hadn’t had a chance to fully immerse herself in the Cloud like she hoped to do in the future.
215-d93fcf53daffad0c36bc4a183e398189.png

ezgif.com-resize.gif

Last edited:

Mellow

Mythical
LEGENDARY
Kyaro Nametag copy.png

After his stunt with the crowd, he of course had the lady traveling alongside him question the stunt of getting the attention of someone who may see it as a challenge of sorts. He greeted her response with laughter and a couple pats to the head as he closed his eyes, if the woman knew of his accomplishments as a ninja that questions wouldn't have even come up. The soft pats to her head eventually ended with his hand caressing the right side of her cheek as the smile he gave her became slightly more ominous, while a bit scared and off putting also held comfort as if promising her she had nothing to worry about.
Kyaro: You'lll be fine Ashi, you are with ME afterall. I'm a legend around here for a reason y'know. Besides, even if someone were to challenge me they'd just make a fool of themselves. I'm the best shinobi alive, besting me is a feat that can only be imagined. Remember that... Regardless, we do have some business to attend to, my dear. Let's not keep the current Raikage waiting. Im curious to see if my student has become the leader or someone else.​

Kuro jerked his head in a motion that said "follow me" as he began his journey towards the office through the streets of Kumogakure. However, his attention was momentarily diverted by the savory aroma wafting from a hibachi restaurant known as the Sizzling Thunder Grill. He halted in his tracks, and turned to Ashi with a mischievous glint in his eyes.
Kyaro: You know, Ashi. There's something irresistible about the sizzle and crackle of hibachi grills. I'm sure the Raikage won't mind if we're a bit late, besides. Whoever it is now may be busy anyway. Let's go indulge ourselves before heading up all the way, on me!"​

Kyaro was already beginning to make his way towards the building unless she stopped him. However, should she follow in with him, the two will be met by a place where flames danced in the skilled hands of master chefs as laughter filled the air. There would have been little to no waiting time as they were quickly seated at the teppanyaki grill, where a chef will have asked them for their order. They had already had dishes placed and prepared before them.​

Kyaro: I'll have some Chǎomiàn and fried rice with harami beef, shrimp, and chicken. For my drink i bottle of sake is fine and some eel sauce for my condiment... You can get whatever you want, don't worry about the price. I'll take care of it.​

Once their orders were taken down, Kyaro will now begin questioning her more about her ideas pitched to him. Afterall, if he was to introduce her to the new leader and hope to get her a spot in Kumogakure, he'd need to know exactly what it was she wanted to do on top of the fact she'd be made his responsibility if anything went left.
Kyaro: Alright, while we wait on our orders. Tell me something, these ideas you've mentioned to me before. Give it to me straight in full detail. What exactly is it you're hoping to accomplish with them. Furthermore, how will they benefit our land. These are things i'll need to know when we go meet with the Raikage after our little dinner. Leave nothing out.​

Kyaro Retired.png